Sunday, July 15, 2007

Expectations suck.(sorry for the lack of creativity)

I think I have come to a breaking point in my life. A point of confusion. I don't tend to blog out real thoughts about my full life because I know the readers of my blog wouldn't truly appreciate it, but I couldn't help but write out this one.

I guess I have become tired of people's expectations. There are some expectations that I do truly appreciate. There are some however, that I do not.

It's not even about high expectations anymore. It's also about low expectations. People thinking that I need to do it this way or feel this way or act this way. They develop low expectations of me because they don't think that I will truly do anything great or even worth reading.

People make comments on my writing, my living, the way I do small group, the way I interpret the Bible, the way I ask questions, the way I see things, and I have gotten to the edge of frustration.

Stop asking me to be something that you have created. Stop giving me more or less of what you want me to do or be.

Let me be who I was created to be.

Don't create something in your mind about me or the way I will react, because in all reality you probably will be surprised.

People corner me in every aspect, especially in the relational sphere. People think I will react a certain way, or feel a certain way or befriend certain people. I have even come to believe these things myself.

I'm tired of these tiring expectations. These expectations have tied me down to a boat named predictability.

Stop expecting so much.

Stop expecting so little.

Live in the moment with the identity you see and truly feel. I will try to do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude... you said it! good stuff!