Sunday, June 14, 2009

I have nothing else to say. I am without words. Or maybe the words are without me. The end and start of a new journey.

Waiting.

It seems to be a consistent theme in my life. Waiting for one thing to end and another to start. Waiting for the appointed time to be upon me. Waiting, counting the days, wondering what the future will be. There is a sense of that waiting within my soul, yet there is also a sense of slow motion. Seeing things, people, event and even words spoken in slow motion. Having the awareness that the decisions Waylon and I make determine our future relationship. Having the starving pride of knowing that I am a trained college graduate and I am unemployed. Sitting and waiting for something to happen while knowing nothing will.

I watch a lot of bad movies. I take the dog out. I clean. I read. I seldom write. I am not discontent. I am just here.

Waiting, patiently, waiting to seek out the happenings of glory in the world of Assumption.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Simple it’s not, I’m afraid you will find,
for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
You can get so confused
that you’ll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place…
…for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a sting of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
NO!
That’s not for you!
Somehow you’ll escape
all that waiting and staying.
You’ll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.
With banner flip-flapping,
once more you’ll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky.
Ready because you’re that kind of a guy!"

Anonymous said...

well, you can wait, or you can ask God what you should do in the meantime, and if that's means waiting waiting it is..
however it has been my experience that God might be telling you to something else that you might have either overlooked, or just don't want to do...He will generally shut things down everywhere else until you ask Him for guidance,
and then gently remind you of what that certain thing is...
I'm not saying I know anything because I don't...just surmising based on my experiences with people, God, the flesh, and the devil...
love
dad