Monday, July 25, 2005

Like Sheep

Iv'e discovered that there are certain people that will be followers and leaders. It sounds simple and already discovered but, I have a problem, I have a prideful demeniar that makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about. It also may aquire that we were just talking about Sheperding in small group and a lot of people are like sheep.

It really has everything to do with the fact that I'm opininated. It gets me in trouble sometimes though. But really why do people listen to me. I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm declaring that I really don't know anything yet people come back for advice.
For example Iv'e been serving in my recent student ministry for the past couple of years and people think that I know much more about ministry than I do.
It astounds me the conversations I have with people who don't realize I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm all opinion.
I think it also has something to do with my confidence level. I'm out spoken about things even though in my mind I really am saying "STOP Talking!" I seem to be knowledgable about things and sound smart becuase I have a semi-decent vocabulary that people just nod their heads and agree like I have some sort of right to say what I say.

Poposterous. Sometimes I just want to say something completley out of character so maybe someone will get the clue that I know just as much as anybody else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »