Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Miscommunication

w So IM painting again. Which I don't mind because frankly I like to paint. It's very relaxing and relieves stress.

Let me clarify what I paint...Walls, ceilings, and the occasional closets which have been the focus of my last endeavors.

So I am told by my mother to paint three closet doors and one regular door, however she misinformed me about these closet doors. Now if you have ever painted a closet door you understand that they can be mighty difficult things to deal with.

That is closet doors sometimes are seen as understatements by most unless you are painting them and then you realize that they are quite different animals. You must see because getting inside a closet being my size with things still in a closet is quite a feat and expedition. It took me a good hour to paint one side of these dastardly closet doors.

So I painted the inside and outside of the inside of a pair of closet doors which required me to; take all of the coats our of the closet tape the floor inside the closet and out and put a sheet over the remaining things in the closet.

So then my mother comes home to me, covered in paint because I kept bumping into one pair of wet closet doors as I was painting the other closet doors on the inside of the closet, and laughs. She just starts laughing like I am Chris Rock and she is in the blooming audience.

And then it comes. "You didn't have to paint the inside of the closet doors!" Oh the laughter we both shared.

So this little tidbit of my life shows just one instance of miscommunication that I live in on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I can visualize this whole scene-lol