Tuesday, March 14, 2006

chapel sermon

Brian Mills speaks of the tragedy of Hurrican Katrina. He ended up going with a team down to New Orleans and in detail described the different aspects of tragedy of our fallen world through examples he collided with last week. Tragedy is always and easy sermon illustration because you can hit people hard with it, but what about the lack of joy?

Or just the lack of something, in reality being God. Stepping on the tube, or walking in the streets of London, knowing God is absent. To look into a student's eyes and encounter intellectually what happens when two religions/lifestyles collide. Sitting there and realizing God's grace and love is not a logical solution to the fall of humanity, but that is how God responded. Knowing that even though the actions of Christ are not logical still does not make me give up what I know is truth. Christ is truth, and deep down I know that I would not be able to walk away from that. I could walk away from the lifestyle of Christianity but in the end I would be denying myself life. We speak of tragedy and the philosophy of human suffereing, and those things seem to define who we are. Yet when you walk into a city that has evaded the light in such a decieving way you soon realize that human suffering can no longer define our identity. God continues to pull us out of our "security" in our human indentification and calls us to be wholly in Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »