Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Innovators


So I work at one of the most influential churches in the country. I am the affectionate face that everyone sees when they walk in the front doors.

Yep, that's right...I make the coffee.

Which is a good job because I not only get to meet new people everyday, I also get to serve the staff of the church.

These people are the cutting edge leaders in America today. The innovators of the mega church world. These minds are brilliant and these people are the adrenaline pumping, risk takers of vocational ministry.

So you would think that this risk taking, and innovation would branch into their coffee drinking.
Not true. These staff members like what they like and they are not willing to change that.

As one staff member told me this morning, "We need something stable in our lives, something that's consistent and the same."

To all those who enjoy their cafe' o lays, skim lattes with two packets of splenda, their vanilla caramel chai frappes, and their safari sunset ice teas with honey I salute you, and will continue to make those drinks so that you may feel some consistency in life!

3 comments:

Dave Ferguson said...

Ok, the next thing I order at the Ground Level Cafe will not be a grande cafe au lait with almond. I am too innovative!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Cheap airline tickets cheap flights guide jeddah Cpu core power extension p4 4-pin qvs Puerh cellulitis 4x4 land rover sales Dental x-ray films Thrifty car rental auckland Naked picks of paris hilton endoskopowy face lift