Friday, June 16, 2006

House-sitting


I am house sitting/dog sitting this week for my very good friends the Plassmans. Their dog is awesome but gets up at butt early in the morning, which means I get up at butt early in the morning. So to waste time until I actually have to do something I watch the news, because I love the news, and the best part is that they have the BBC channel.

Well, I was watching the news the other day and the top story was the fact that Bush went over to Bahgdad and hung out with the prime minister. Then he came back and spoke to our American reporters about why he went, ect. Some things I noticed about his public speaking were this;

1.) He stuttered when he read...he went to an IV school right?
2.) He spoke and read his speech like he had never heard of any of the ideas that he was supposed to have helped create.
3.) He used the word 'wise' a lot, which I commend him for.
4.) He mocked a blind man?

So I was thinking while watching Bush give his speech what the Biblical view of the war should be. I actually brought it up to my small group last night. What is the Christian view saying versus what Christ says. What is the essence and being of War? What is the essence and being of this war, if you can call it that? What is going to happen when Bush gets out of office? Is there a vision? I think that, the Presidency is flawed in that way. We elect a president who has a specific vision for our country and then four to eight years later we elect a different president who has a completley different vision.

Well that's all I'v got to say about that.

No comments: