Tuesday, July 11, 2006

God tore me out of bed last night.

The title is truth in all it's entirity. God tore me out of bed last night.

It all started with the idea of a sword. Actually it started with Shawn Williams' sermon illustration about laying your sword down before God and pledging your alliegance to God. He used this illustration at CIY two summer's ago and it was one of his best messages that I have ever heard. Then I remembered that Shawn always called his Bible the sword. So while all these thoughts were being swirled around I also realized that swords were used for hand to hand combat and it was a tool that was used for protection.

While all these thoughts were stewing God was calling me to get up and write them down. Thoughts like this late at night is an often occurance and I usually jot them down in the morning if I remember them and that is an often occurance in itself. But, I finally got out of bed after an hour of nudging and came up with something greater than myself.

I then was told to look up Galations 5 which, hit on exactly what God was telling me. Weird huh? God works in incredible and nagging ways.