Saturday, July 08, 2006

UFC

Just finished watching UFC. It was intense up until the last two fights which were wimpy and kind of flip flopped. If you watched, you know what I mean.

The UFC reminds me of the Roman Collisium. It is two guys in the ring fighting until someone gets knocked out or the round ends. So, i guess it's a little more civilized. While the Romans sent prisoners in to the ring to fight lions, gladiators, and other prisoners to the death, the ultimate theme is still the same.

Proof of something. The Romans and the UFC'ers want and need to prove something to their fans and to themselves. They need to prove that they are not only strong enough to survive but also to dominate.

And that strength is what captivated me. I could not stop watching these fights. Punch by kick, I was hooked and got really involved. I had stepped out of the room I was in and was there. It was a cool and invergerating experience.

All they need now...is swords.