Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Scream

The screaming girl came out today. When I took math in highschool I developed a girl in my mind that screamed throughout the whole class so I wouldn't have to listen. Partly because I didn't understand it and partly because I was bored out of my mind.

That girl hasn't come out since my senior Algebra class but tonight she came out in full form.

I was sitting in my night class and every week two students lead the discussion. I wasn't really in the mood to attend class tonight and so I lasted about an hour and then the screaming started happening.

After the screaming girl appeard the space right above my professors head tore open and a lion jumped out onto one of the table's in the room. He suddenly roared and one of the wall's split in half. No one in the room seemed to notice this lion or that the wall had split in half. Then suddenly the lion went up to one of the students in the room and bit into his chest. He tore out his heart and the student continue to talk while his chest was bleeding. The lion ate the heart and then there was a sinkhole that formed in the floor. Suddenly penguins jumped out and started waddling all around the classroom. Pooping on people's notebooks and jumping up and down on their laps. This seemed untterly absurd until the little dwarf men who once were employed by the shoemaker, opened the door and declared war on all of the shoes the room.

At that point the tongues in everyone's shoes started spitting and drowning these little men.

This sudden uproar did not stir the other students in the room as they continued to talk about language, and the existence of doubt, and why Kierkegaard was so smart. They just talked and talked and the girl in my head screamed, and the penguins pooped, and the lion continued to stalk around the room, and the shoemaking men attacked the shoes and the shoes attacked back.

Then the class ended. I got up and everything seemed to go back to the way that everyone else sees it.

No comments: