Thursday, January 06, 2011

Understanding Eternity

I have found Facebook extremely boring. I actually made a post about it the other day. There are just too many people, half of which I don't remember. But, today I got on facebook and started to look at pictures of families that made a huge investment in my life throughout the years. I looked at pictures of the communities they are involved in with now and how they are continuing to live within the Kingdom of God.

As I continued to look at pictures it would be very easy for me to get depressed and say, well how lonely am I know, I don't feel like I have community like that, I don't know of anyone who knows me like that anymore. But how can I get depressed when I see pictures of small groups, worship settings, and people feeling the impression of Christ. These families that have made an impression on me are continuing to make impressions of Christ on the people that they are surrounded by. Even though life has so drastically changed, these families have continued to run the race of perserverance.

They have not let change, death, sadness, frustration, or anger overcome their love for Christ. While these fathers, mothers, brothers, and sisters have gone to college, moved, started new churches, they are still influencing and making an impression on me. I come to find a glimpse of eternity in these pictures because I see the Kingdom living. I don't have to feel sad or loneley because I get to spend eternity with these wonderful people.

I get a glimpse of understanding an eterninty that isn't boring, it is full of personalities, wisdom, love, and care. Eternity is not going to be a place where we have to sing all the time, and where we have to do it a certian way every week. Eternity is going to be full of people and that is the best kind of Eternity!

No comments: