Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Facing the wall

As we lined up on the field I stared into the face of death...

Yes it was Lincoln's annual powderpuff football games. It was our first game and I had been playing center for offense and defense(I know there is another name for the defense but I forgot it.)

But lets take a flashback to a half an hour before the game. We gathered with our team and we were discussing a certain football player on the other team. I felt confident enough becuase I was center I wouldn't have to face her...

We line up to defend our turf and who is the center on the other side. The wall. Everytime I blocked her for the first couple times I would fly back two feet. Then she got mean. I would block her the first two times and then I would turn around, she would continue to block my back. If you don't know much about girls, they can play mean and nasty. I'll take a 300 pound man over a girl any day.

Iv'e played football since sixth grade with boys even and I have never felt the fear I felt that day. Everytime we bent down I prayed that God would forgive me of my sins becuase I never knew if this would be the last time. I survived barely and we won our first game.

We started our second game against another wing, I was shaking. The hits had taken a toll on my muscles...

Were playing in the championship today.
We'll see if any one breaks anything...

I got up this morning...actually I held on to my buck and pulled myself up. My whole right arm is completley bruised. I have never felt like that after a game.
Any close to death experiences?

7 comments:

Shelly said...

date any african people lately..what the crap is with these spam comments...
anyway..lcc can be a rough place...be careful girl

Keith said...

Hang in there A-Hig...Let us know if you end up winning the championship...

Brad got engaged...

Tanya said...

That is exactly why I didn't participate in the crazy powderpuff games. It is cold and you get hurt-not my idea of fun. Be careful out there.

Mandy said...

i missed the games...dang it! i was on the road those few days.

and what the heck? brad's engaged? prunty? that's awesome!

Alison said...

yea, I just found that out. about brad I mean

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Shoe clipart A low cholesterol diet online prescription vardenafil vioxx celebrex pennsylvani pound bingo celebrex Colemen rv air conditioner parts Liquid review vitamin ipod extended battery Permanent hair removal tourette syndrome 95 nissan maxima starter inhibitor Ge dishwasher repair electrical wiring pain relief celebrex Apply card credit radio shack relief tax21 Free wisconsin divorce legal forms Older telus mike phone models ppc bid monitoring and management Volusia county celebrex attorney

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work New nissan 300z http://www.bontril-4.info/Bontril_2fadipex.html Pamela anderson in high heels Discount contact lens acuvue 2 Sun barcode readers Ford escape 4wd ford 390 engine Win keno rules Cheap holidays include hotel and flights from england hard drive recovery miami florida Penis enlagrement pills Snorting cocaine and ritalin