Friday, October 21, 2005

Hoe-down


My dream was completed last night as I dressed in flannel and did an allaman left.

Yes that's right I attended my first hoe-down. Now I know most of you are very skeptical as I was but when I walked in I heard the famous words I heard in highschool. Line up against the wall. These words marked my freshman year with anguish and fear, becuase I was a intimated girl in an akward time but this time instead of ending up with someone gross with clammy hands I took control of the situation and ended up with one of my good friends.

When we started dancing we kept messing up which is just a funny thing but all in all I had a good time. Then we line danced. For those of you who don't know what this term means it is where many people stand in a line and follow the instructor to do certain steps. Also a good ole time.

But last but certainley not least was the circle dance. Now that is not the real name for this dance but we definitley were in a circle so I have renamed it. We all stood in a circle and was with our partner and then we moved. We switched partners. Now if you don't know what this means its this... I got to dance with every boy there. Actually it was a great way to meet new people. Plus I love to dance.

So all in all it was a great night full of flannels, lemonades, mess ups, and get downs.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

whoa-I don't remember lincoln having any hoe downs. I'm glad you had fun but I am not sure I can support you wearing overalls.