Saturday, September 08, 2007

What's a picture worth?



























So I have heard that a picture is worth a thousand words. I have always wondered if that is true. Jamie Cullum seems to think so. He wrote and sung a song called photograph. It's a great song but is it a true reality? For the past three weeks my roommate and I have been constructing a wall length collage. It started with our dream for what our room could look like last semester and has evolved into a grand art piece. People come into our room to look at all the pictures. They seem entrapped by the sight of different aspects of life captured in a moment.

When I look up at these photo's I see something caught in action. A life caught by light. That's what a picture is. Look at some of the wall that I posted and tell me what you see. This is as far as we have gotten. Tell us what you think. I don't think there is a wrong answer to this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are there at least a thousand words in the song? It would be a little ironic to have a song about a picture being worth a thousand words if there weren't a thousand words in the song