Sunday, October 07, 2007

Keep Your Eyes Open.

I remember when I was a kid I was asked if I had to give up one of my five senses what would it be. I thought about it for quite a while and I told everyone that I would rather lose my sense to hear than lose my sense to see.

Even though I told everyone that I wouldn't want to lose my eyesight I have never really been good at keeping my eyes open. It's easier to keep my eyes open because I tend to fear what I might actually see. Plus if I only open them once in a while I don't have to admit to what I see or how I feel about it.

Well I learned my lesson on Saturday.

I went on my first motorcycle ride. I have always been pretty open to new stuff but I have to admit I was pretty nervous. I got up on the back of Waylon's bike and I rode all the way to Assumption with my eyes closed. I couldn't see anything so I really didn't know what was going on. I was just feeling a lot of wind, and praying that Waylon and I wouldn't die.

When we got to assumption Waylon asked me if I had my eyes open I had to admit that I didn't. Well we had a good time hanging with his family and then we got back on the bike. But this time I was more prepared. I wore Waylon's goggles. I might put the picture up some time but it's slightly humiliating.

I kept my eyes open the whole time and saw some pretty awesome stuff.

1. We got to see/ride into the sunset which was beautiful.
2. We got to see a store that had the sign "Church furniture for Sale" Which is just plain funny.
3. We ended up going down a really beautiful road that was surrounded by trees. (which is a big deal since we were in the country)

While sometimes you see some rough stuff when we keep our eyes open I realized that you miss out on all the good stuff to.

No comments: