Friday, December 02, 2005

Christmas

Most of you know that it has come time for the Christmas season. I have been aware of this for the past three weeks becuase my roommate has been playing Christmas music in our room. Actually I woke up this morning to a boy band sing some Christmas carrol...UGH.

First of all lets get things strait. I don't like Christmas. I don't think I have ever liked Christmas. The only reason that Christmas was appealing to me as a kid was becuase of the cookies, candies, and the presents I recieved. Now I just don't care. Every year my mom asks me what I want for Christmas and every year I respond with "I don't need anything." Yet on Chrismas morning I walk out and I have presents.

Now you probably think that I don't like Christmas becuase our big bad world has changed Christmas into a selfish holiday. Actually I could care less. The Christians during Christmas are just as bad. A lot of them act like it's there holiday and they have one shot...if they don't get it right they have lost.

Things I don't like about Christmas:
CHRISTMAS MUSIC(this would probably bridge onto hatred)
Christmas cheer
Christmas parties
Christmas out fits(especially the ones with the bells)
The people who don't understand why I don't like Christmas

This is what happens to me during Christmas. I have this feeling that I have to give everyone something. It's like a game and Im sick of it. Im giving everyone except close close friends and faimily Christmas Cards this year. Don't get me wrong I like giving but I don't like the game of giving.

There are some things I do like about Christmas. I like the big trees when there all lit up. I like spending time with my best friends and trying to figure out what to get them. I like the only tradition my family has which is my brother, sister and I giving each other our presents on Christmas Eve. Which now that I think about it Christmas is all about giving for me. Weird.

Don't get me wrong Im not a full time grinch but if you catch me on the wrong day I may cause some Christmas chaos.