Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Preachers are coming!

At LCC the title of this blog is a saying that is known well. It is a saying that was part of the foundation of why the school wanted to exist.

I was at a young adult barbeque two weeks ago. In July I will offocially be old enough to actually attend the young adult barbeques...haha.

Anyway I was there and one of the young ladies that attended as well asked me what I went to school for. I told her and then she came and sat next to me.

"Well, who do you preach for?"-young lady attendee.

"I preach for everyone."-me

"I mean, do you preach for young people, men, women, children, old people?"-young lady attendee.

"I preach for everyone, I preach for anyone who will listen."me, thinking the first answer made this clear but just in case she didn't get it I emphasized what I said with a certian preacheresque voice.

"Well what do you want to do when you graduate?"-young lady attendee.

"I want to go and preach to everyone who will listen to the gospel. I want to tell people about Jesus' love for us and his sacrafice"

She then leaned over slightly and looked at me straight in the face. In a low voice she said this,
"I'm a preacher to..."

The preachers are coming, they just look a little different.

No comments: